Are you ready for a change? After the disruption of the COVID-19 pandemic, many of us have decided to approach our work/life balance from a different angle and embrace the idea of running a small business from home.
Here are 20 home business ideas to consider:
IT Businesses from Home
1. Start a blog and write about topics that interest you. You can monetize your blog through advertising or affiliate marketing.
2. Use your IT skills to offer consulting or freelancing services to small businesses.
3. Create an online course teaching basic IT skills.
4. Develop a piece of software or an app that solves a problem for small businesses.
5. Create and manage social media accounts for small businesses.
Creative Businesses from Home
- Sell your crafts, whether it be painting, woodwork, knitting, or model making, online on platforms such as Etsy and eBay.
- Start a photography business, offer photo tours, sell prints or stock photos online.
- Graphic design – Create logos, social media graphics, and other marketing materials for small businesses.
- Sell your baked goods or cooked meals online via a website or social media. You may also sell ingredients boxes so customers can recreate your dishes at home.
- Design Websites for small businesses and start-ups and sell them on platforms, such as Fiverr and Upwork.
Retail Businesses Online
- Set up an E-commerce store by buying products in bulk and selling them online.
- Start a dropshipping store and sell third-party products without ever worrying about storing the inventory or shipping.
- Sell in-demand products on platforms such as Facebook Marketplace and Etsy.
- Buy an existing e-commerce business and benefit from an established market audience and untapped potential.
- Start a Subscription Box business where customers pay a monthly subscription and receive products or services each month.
More Traditional Work from Home Ideas
- Start a Beauty business by turning your spare room or out-building into a hairdressers, a professional make-up / nail salon or a treatment room.
- Start a daycare or childminder. Although the initial set-up may be expensive it can be a profitable business with hours to suit your family.
- Become a Personal Trainer and offer classes either in-person in your garden, home gym, or online using virtual classes.
- Offer bookkeeping and accountancy services and work from the comfort of your home rather than paying expensive rent on an office.
- If you’re an animal lover, why not offer a dog walking or dog grooming business from your home.
Book Business Storage in Bradford
If you’ve recently started a business from your Bradford home and could benefit from additional storage space, look no further than Incredible Bulk self-storage.
We offer a range of secure and competitively-priced business storage units, ranging in size from 10sqft to 200sqft, and can provide a self-storage solution to suit your business needs and budget.
So, whether you need to store a few boxes of e-commerce stock or you need a safe space to store your personal trainer equipment, we’ve got the perfect solution. Book Business Storage in Bradford today using our quick ‘Get A Quote’ service, or call 01274 975 678.